Preparation of Work for Teaching Assignments
Lesson plans are usually provided. However there may be occasions when there are little or insufficient plans available.
What to do:
- In nursery schools take in appropriate sheets and materials
- In primary schools you will need to be familiar with the National Literacy and Numeracy Strategies.
You may wish to take suitable work in with you and you can contact the publications department of the DfES to attain further details on:
0845 6022260 or www.dfes.co.uk
- In secondary schools, take in appropriate general worksheets, but also ensure that you inform the head of department who should be able to provide you with the appropriate syllabus and schemes of work
- All work should be marked and the classroom left tidy and keys returned
- Hours in excess of school teaching hours may be needed for marking work and attending staff meetings